Introduction

    Hello, my name is Markuss Komuls and I am an international student from Talsi, Latvia. I am currently a junior at UAF studying Business Administration with a concentration in finance. I plan to graduate in 2 years with a master's degree in business. I enjoy hiking, fishing, playing sports, and being with my friends and family. I am excited to take this class and learn more about art. 



    I enjoy art and the stories and history behind art work but I am not an artist. I do not paint, draw, or sculpt. I used to like drawing but I don't have time for it anymore. I do not own art but one day I will. I have never attended First Friday events. I enjoy going to art museums and I have been to a few back home in Latvia.

Comments

  1. I looked up Talsi. The town center looks so idyllic. I love going to museums and my husband and I are already planning our next European adventures. Latvia wasn't on our radar, but neighboring Estonia was. We might need to include Latvia.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, Markuss and welcome to the class!
    I can relate on not being that big in painting, drawing, though I used to be into ceramics for a time. I wish you the best of luck for the semester.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Markus,

    I am also a junior here at UAF. You mentioned how you are studying abroad here by being from Latvia, that must have been a big move for you coming to a completely new country. I look forward to seeing you future art posts.

    Garrett

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Markuss,

    Great to have more international students in this class! I have never been to Latvia but I want to go someday, it looks beautiful. I feel like we are on the same level of what we have as experience with art. But it sounds like you are excited to learn more about art in this class and I totally agree with you.

    Good luck this semester!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Markuss,

    Awesome to know that I have a fellow countryman in this class, I am sure you have been to the National art museum, how did you like it? Overall, I agree with you - this will be an exciting class and I too look forward to learn more and see how your artistic side shines out in this blog!

    Good luck this semester!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

World War 2 Influence On Art

Non Western Blog